Abyss of Fatigue V2

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Conflict


Have you ever hated your boss for asking you to cancel something so that you can join a meeting after working hours or on the weekend?

Have you ever been pushed by your boss so much that you want to straggle them?

Have you ever been told by your boss that you've not done enough even though you've given your best?

I guess most people will think that bosses are assholes. They keep pushing and pushing us, it drives us up the wall.

What many bosses fail to do is to explain to the staffs why is he doing it. They like to feel the authority of demanding things. What I prefer to do is to give the team a target and they'll come up with a strategy and plan themselves and I'll give my comments.

That way, they can feel that the own the task and wants to complete it, when something goes wrong, they are accountable to it. Obviously, I'll have to accept the blame too because its me who choose to leave it up to them.

Back to the 3 questions above, this is the monster that I'm turning into. I accept that many people are just not like me, where the most important thing is to achieve the goal regardless of everything else. I'm still learning how to deal with this. Hopefully I'll learn how to manage people.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home