Abyss of Fatigue V2

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Free = Good?


SC shared this site with us. To put it simple, East Ocean e-Imaging (EOE) offers digital photo printing service (among other stuff). The site has a clean looking interface with few important tabs and a handy search bar on top with all sorts of highlights below. I find it odd that it’s formatted to be 800 pixels wide rather than 1024 and it doesn’t support Firefox :(

The service is quite interesting as no matter where am I, I can send my photos to my family and friends back at home. This is possible by the fact that you can have different billing and posting address. International shipping is also available.

I’ve been taking loads of pictures but I’ve never printed any photos since few years back. Even then, it was my ex who printed them. 3R was the standard then and usually it goes for 30cents. Nowadays, 4R is the “correct” size to print and from EOE, its 30cents. With all the prices in Malaysia escalating, this is a good deal. Even 5R goes for 50cents only. Free delivery for purchases over RM35 is the bomb, totally makes sense for this service.

One of the worry when printing photo is whether the shop can reproduce accurate colors and details of the picture. I have friends who went through a lot of trouble to have the shop print to the color profiles that he want.

I’ll be eager to get my hands the photos when I get back to Malaysia next month. If it’s good, I’m sure I’ll be ordering more as it’s so convenient.

ps. I'll keep a lookout at the photo competition as well ;)
ps2. The slow internet makes the upload painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home