Abyss of Fatigue V2

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Which one?



US New Zealand
Position WiMAX Product Manager Head of WiMAX Team for Australasia
Job Same as current role.
North America region includes US and Canada.
Will be serving biggest WiMAX operator in the whole world.
Overseeing 3 staffs.
Australasia region includes AU/NZ/Pacific Island.
Will be serving top tier WiMAX operator in Asia Pacific.
Career growth I have the opportunity get exposure dealing with biggest operator and a whole new market. I have the opportunity to learn to be a proper "Manager".
Moolah Will be paid in USD and I'm guessing the pay in US will be ok due to high cost of living and currency. Will be paid in AUD and there will be a increment for the promotion.
Challenges Market penetration into a tough operator.
Sales volume will be a big challenge as we are the new/late comer.
Handling staff for the first time but sales volume will be guaranteed and I will be actively discussing with potential operators and keep current account in check.
Things to think about I'll be far away from home. If I get lucky, I may get to go back to Malaysia once a year. I'm not quite ready to be a Manager. Previously I'm managing projects and receiving directions from bosses.
Reporting My immediate boss will be fantastic but the HOD will be a bit tricky. All bosses in SP and Australasia are fantastic.

Did I miss anything?

7 Comments:

  • At 8:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds good from both portfolio. The only thing I could think of is that US recession is real bad nowadays n tat USD value could deplete real bad then.

     
  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger Leangz~** said...

    I wish I have your problem.
    Pick NZ, so that I can come and visit you. :)

     
  • At 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    quite hard for u to choose huh...anyway i vote for NZ, can find u when i doing backpack...LOL...

     
  • At 11:22 PM , Blogger Christina Liew Man Ling said...

    oh cheh...staying in NZ is it...blur case! NZ

     
  • At 2:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Fuhlamak....both profiles look good!
    Like the others, wish u would stay in NZ so that we can go there visit u!
    kekekeke.....^^

     
  • At 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the road to new zealand sounds smoother from the points u put up!

     
  • At 11:15 PM , Blogger TNS said...

    probably, i will choose the states

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home