Abyss of Fatigue V2

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Blogging Spree 1


Ok, I've promised to talk about my job, here is it.

Brand Promo
We have to prepare seminar/workshop for the operators. The main reason I was at Bandung is for CDMA Forum. My job there is to educate the management of the operator (CEO, CTO, Product Manager) on the new products, direction of the industry, get feedback from them, etc etc.

Opportunity
The main reason I'm in Jakarta now is to find opportunity. I need to prepare WiMAX's potential in Indonesia from many aspects. The economy, government, people, operator, geographic, etc etc. The report will be quite thick.

Project Support
When an operator contacts the local staff (Asia Pacific) to know about a new product (eg. WiMAX), the local staff are not trained to promote it. They'll contact us for assistance. That is the worst case, an ideal case (like now) is where I come to the local staff before they are ask.

I'm in Jakarta to train the local staff on WiMAX too. For those people who think that my jobs is shallow, here's the technical part. During last weekend (the only spare time I have), I had to swallow tonnes of information including advance modulation techniques (SOFDMA), Fast Fourier Transform, Signal Attenuation, etc etc so that I can teach the local staff.

Today was my lecture, now I know why its hard to be a lecturer. Try teaching people who left university for few years about the topics above is very challenging. The topics were so damn dry where everyone was giving me the blur expression all the while.

Other than educating them, we have to assist them in bidding process and building trail/demo network also.

That very much sums up my job. I'm going to Auckland for initial discussion with 2 operators there.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM , Blogger LieWei said...

    Uhh..I'm so scared of Fourier Transform, the sound of it makes me shiver

     
  • At 10:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    CDMA, WCDMA...all those stuff i hate the most last time...hard to understand...bing, last time u should jump with me to section communication..

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home