Abyss of Fatigue V2

Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Best Telco in ASIA, beat that!


Today is an emotional day for me as its my last day in Maxis. In the morning I tried to finalize everything and my team and I had a handover meeting. After the meeting, I started to write e-mail to all the users of my system, it took quite sometime as there are 100+ users of OSS-RC.

I feel like leaving a big family as my job function allows me to meet everyone from end-to-end. There are so many people that I would like to thank. I personally wrote e-mails to a few mentors which I admire, owe and wish to thank.

Working is Maxis is wonderful, people here are not selfish and will cover for each other. The slow pace in Maxis allowed us to bond quite well, thus we know each other at a very personal level.

In one incident, my vendor accused me of not maintaining the server properly causing a tool to fail frequently. My HOD question my boss why was I not doing my job. The whole team was behind me and my boss even told my HOD that if I'm not doing what I'm suppose to do, he asked my HOD to fire him.

After lunch, e-mail started to flood my mail box. Its getting more and more emotional. Even vendors was surprised that I was leaving. I started to pack my stuff and deleting my stuff from my PC. At 3.30pm, Bala suggested that we go out for tea since I'm leaving. Its the first time we had tea outside the office during office hours.

When we got back, its already 5pm and I went around the office taking pictures and saying good bye to all. I even video called colleagues from Penang I-Center to bid farewell to them. Like the Maxis slogan goes, Technology isn't special, Life is. Its just amazing, surely beats calling someone to say good bye.

At 6.30pm, I decided to logged out of my baby servers for the last time. I even recorded the moment. Before shutting down my PC, I was so sad. Immediately, I logged back into my server and hid a file with the text "Damien Leong, System Administrator for OSSRC 2G 1-12-2006 to 4-07-07". Finally, I logged out of my server for the last time. With a heavy heart, I shutdown my PC aka print server and bid good bye to my desk. After a small tour, I left Maxis Subang Hi-Tech Industrial Park Technical Operations Center.

Thanks to my big family
Zul, Azmi, Hafidzah, Halim, Kak Yat, Hardi, Raie, Zuhril, Muthu, Eric, Jagdev, Shamin, Logan, Zamri, Zuhaila, AL Lee, SW Teoh, Wai Yee, JT Poon, Andrea, Mugunthan, KH Phang, All Network Managers, Azman, Saravanan, Rafi, Alizan, Jeya, Ganesan, Thiban, Muslim, LF Cheah, NY Chan, KH Tan, Matthew Chan, Dharma, Faizan, Zahari, Zulhilmi, Chew Bee Lee, Pang Tek Liong, Wilson Lee, Jackal, Amanda, May Low, Sheryll, Alex Foo, Alan Tan, Kuo Shen, Jackie Chan, Jimmy Yap, Anna, Jamie, Shane Liew, Elaine Chee, Vanessa, Teresa, Kartini, Gaya, Wong Kam Wah; Yvonne Chung , Alvin Ng, Roy, Raymond Tan, Rajoo, Thana, Alyzan, SB Soo, MK Lee, Filzuraini, Eddy, Saffari, Uzaini, Azli, Engku, Rozmi, Prasad, Yun, Sreeratha, Kissie, OSS Team, Transmission Team, Network Performance Team, and many many more.

Thanks to all my E/// vendors
Kok Meng, Yau, Rafiq, Kairul, Kenny, and Mohan,Rahmat, Sara, Yen, Ramanathan, Danny.

Thanks to SH Low, my trainee in assisting me in daily job and wish him all the best in the future and may our path cross again in Telco industry.

ps. Touched leh, type out each person one by one. The list is not in any order so please don't attempt to sabotage my line.

Now for some pictah


My work place


Lepaking at the mamak, Jagdev hiding behind :)


MCA


Disturbing Jagdev while he's trying to work


Zamri, thanks for helping my bro ;)
Yeap, me out and my bro joining soon.


Thanks for eveything guys!


The the lobby


From another angle, Double thumbs up for the people in this company


In the lobby


At my old desk


Junk Room


Bye bye ol' friend


Bye bye again

BTW, our GCEO resigned today. Must be too sad to learn that I'm leaving today.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    sounds so sad, sound like being sacked instead of finding another good job..:P. Good Luck

     
  • At 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wow, didn't kno maxis had THAT slogan...

    awaiting: post bout ur new job!

     
  • At 11:47 PM , Blogger Leangz~** said...

    good luck, dude.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home