Abyss of Fatigue V2

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Masaking Alone


NZ is a heaven for cooking. You can easily find fresh milk products, vege, meat and poultry. I do enjoy walking in Foodtown (think Giant/Tesco/Carrefour/Mydin) to look for food that I like and cheap bargains.

While I was shopping to fill up my kitchen, I saw Couscous. I picked it up to read the cooking instructions on the back. It's so easy! Picked it up immediately as I love Couscous.

The problem with cooking alone is that you always end up buying and cooking too much food. I can't just buy one onion right? Hmm, or can I? Remember the beef curry that I had? It was only 1/3 of the beef that I bought. I always try not to have the same food back to back so I prepared couscous and some fried egg with cabbage and tomato. Added some carbonara sauce as I would imagine it will go well with couscous and it did.



The mountain of couscous was too much for lunch so I kept some for dinner. As for dinner, I took another 1/3 of the beef and cooked beef stew. This time, I've simmered the beef stew from 2:30pm to 6:30pm. It taste so much better compared to the already very good curry that I had.



Sigh, now I have too much beef stew...... I guess I'll cook some noodles and have beef stew noodles for lunch tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home