Abyss of Fatigue V2

Friday, January 09, 2009

Photography


I had my Alpha since Apr 12, 2008. It's been an expensive hobby since and there's no sign of stopping.

I always find the easy way out when I meet a problem with my photography which is to buy better gears rather than using other techniques first. This leads to another problem, I can't really maximize the equipments that I have since I only used some of the functions.


I love my sexy petal hood lens

One of the secrets of photographer is that we shoot many pictures and we will only show the worthy ones. Most of them will post-process it but I suck in this department so most of my pictures will only go through crop and adjusting color curves.

I seldom post up my pictures because it's not up to mark yet. When I don't know how to improve the pictures, then I will post them up and ask for comments and criticism. Most people are kind and they would give nice comments. I do appreciate when people gives me constructive comments to improve my shots.

Although there are many unpleasant incidents regarding photography, I'll share one funny one. KY Speaks once introduced a nice chinese roast specialty shop in Sri Muda which I don't know even though I stayed there for more than 20 years. Ok la, when I was studying, I always eat at home.

Dropped by the place with my cam (it's always with me) and started snapping the food. When I was snapping, the boss came over and chit chat with me. It went something like this:-

Boss: Are you from the press?
Me: Nope, just shooting so that I can blog about it. I've read another blogger recommending your shop so I came to try it out. Blah blah blah.....
Boss: Owh..... wait, let me garnish the dish properly for you.
** After garnishing the dish with loads of leafy greens **
Boss: Now it's nice to shoot.

So I carry on shooting then makan the delicious "glass" char siew (although its a bit too fatty) and chinese sausage.


After awhile of makan, the boss came back with a plate of roasted goose and he said "this is for you to try, give me the URL next time you are here"



The roasted goose was very nice. Tapao-ed another quarter for my family (of course paid la) and my mom said we'll order half bird for CNY :D

1 Comments:

  • At 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Make sure u remind your mum to order the roasted goose for CNY... If not you cant taste it again.... ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home