Abyss of Fatigue V2

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

End of 2008


2008 didn't end pretty well for me. Mom of a friend and a close colleague passed away. It also made me think about my close friend's dad who died almost 2 years ago.

I'll talk more about my colleague because it's the life that I'm living. Lily joined our team about 6 months ago. Never got the chance to meet her until recently because we are always on the go. She's been supporting my project in New Zealand for some time now but she hasn't got the chance to drop by.

I've always promised her that whenever she's free, I'll arrange her to come here. We've tried to arrange her to come here 3 times but she's tied up with other projects. In the end I told her, lets fly to NZ after New Year.

She met with a freak accident outside her apartment in KL on New Year's Eve. She's a hardworking and bubbly girl, the only daugther in the family and we've only met 2 times. It's so so so so sad.

Everytime during a toast over meals, I'll always insist that my family wishes me Bon Voyage and safe whenever I'm traveling. They would always say things like good fortune and good luck with my career but to me, health and safety is above all.

No matter how much my company or the insurance compensate Lily's family, she will not be with us anymore. May she rest in peace and hope that her parents will be ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home