Abyss of Fatigue V2

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Excitement + Anxiety


Usually these 2 feelings doesn't come together, it's either you are happy or worried. Having handled projects with so many highs and lows, I'm quite numb towards incidents in the office. Even something good happens in the project, it'll just be ticking something off the list.

I remembered last time around when I won the project, I wasn't ecstatic. It was more like finally it's done and lets proceed to another phase. It's only after sometime, I start to savor the achievement. When I got back to Malaysia and the whole office is congratulating me and asking me for a treat.

There's something new on the platter that will change my life. My boss in HQ confirmed the reallocation when I called him at 10:30pm at night, it's 5:30pm for him anyway. He told me to start drafting out the handover plan. Called my boss to draw out some plans and candidates. This job really exposed me to all sorts of processes.

Working professionally aside, I have to take care of my own interest. I've been punching numbers in M$ Excel and it seems like a hard case to push through. After considering the 30% tax, the lack of EPF, my own apartment, standard of living, my current pay, *cough* the humungous bonus that I was expecting *cough*, and etc., the number is quite bloated. I've even considered being hired in HQ and then transferred there which makes it more complicated but the tax would be 20% only. Hopefully, I can sort this out without having too much problem.

It'll be a whole new life. New friends, new colleagues, new clients, new challenges, new apartment, new life (ok, I said that already)...... So many uncertainties makes me on my toes. I like a predictable life with unpredictable incidents. It's ok to go for ski diving or eating crazy food out of a sudden but I know how am I going to live my life.

For those of you who is wondering, most probably I'll be in Plano, Texas which is near to Dallas. We have 9 offices there and TX is our North America regional HQ. Yeap, my life will be pretty much in the air as I can only get to the clients by air. Targetted trasnfer would be 09Q1. Wish me luck in my nego for moolah.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home