Abyss of Fatigue V2

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Name


Sempena Hari Jadi Blog I, I'll introduce my name to ebelibody.



For those who can read Chinese, my name will be a very unique one as the words are seldom used. Let me explain them one by one.

Last name/Surname/Family Name

梁 Liáng
Usually the word for surname doesn't bring any meaning to the name as they are meant to be surname only. Anyway, literally 梁 means beam or grain. Not too many people have this surname.

First name/Given name

丙曜 Bǐng Yào
These are the words that is seldom used. Most people knows that 丙 means C, as in A-B-C. 丙 also means the element of fire. Before I explain further, let me tell you a little story about my elder brother.

Initially, his name was not the one he was having. When he was a baby, he was constantly sick even with my parent's detail care even since pregnancy. To cut the (sick) story short, my parents went to the fortuneteller for advice. The fortuneteller advised my parents that his name doesn't suit him and needs to be changed. Now my bro is having a A4 size birth certificate as he changed his name.

Not taking any chances with me, my parents went to the fortuneteller to give me a name. As I was born on 26th November in Lunar calender, I was born in the winter season. To balance my cold birth, the fortuneteller gave me the element of fire. Coincidentally, the characteristic of fire element is similar to Capricorn's characteristic.

曜 means celestial planets or shine/brightness which is also a word that is seldom used. I guess fire is to give warmth to the winter chill and some light to the darkness.

Now you all know how did my name came about. How about Damien you say? It's very simple, one day after watching a movie and the cast was coming out, I saw the name Damien and I liked it. So I'm Damien since then.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM , Blogger LieWei said...

    'bing' is a very simple character but 'yao' is very very complicated

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home