Abyss of Fatigue V2

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not yet, hopefully not too long


It all started when I replied to a mass email of Wei Liang’s spam.



I didn’t realize I used my signature and all hell broke lose. My mail box kept flooding with congratulations lah, teasing lah, Wah lau eh lah, keng wor…….

Just to clear the air, I’m still a Product Engineer in HR's database. All of us here carry Product Manager title for 2 reasons.

Internally, Product Managers like me is the Champion of a project. In a project, I’m the team leader and answers to Accounts Directors/VP. Various teams report to me during a projects and the link breaks when the project ends.

Externally, all levels of customer liaise with me as I’m the one who knows everything about the project. If I carry the title Product Engineer in my business card, customer at CXO/Director level will straight away feel offended, “Why does your company send an engineer to talk to me? Obviously your company thinks that this project is not important!”.

So when did I exactly became a “Manager”? Right after my probation.
Increment? Well, RM200 boleh kira increment or not?
Responsibility? About the same only.
Accountability? Yes, so much more. Decision making is stressful.
Subordinates? Erm…. This is tricky, does on project basis counts? I don’t rate their KPI but they have to work with my direction.

To add to the current hype (I take it as a hype, I’m not a Manager yet), the same sign is showing in the AP office. It’s been 2 months since I came back to this office. Congratulations kept coming in for winning the project, a colleague said he heard I was promoted to Sr. Product Manager (engineer), another boss addressed me as Staff of the Year, many kept asking about my increment, etc etc.

I guess people like to say nice things and speculate. Honestly, there’s a long way to go from what I am now to a Manager level. There are still so many things to learn.

The side effect of all the hype? Countless explanation, belanja makan (friend's hidden agenda, lol) and my aunt sold me spectacles with a price tag of RM1290. She said Product Manager doesn’t need to look at the price one ma.

Who wants to see the new St. Damien?

2 Comments:

  • At 12:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Let's do hanky-panky in the bushes again :P

     
  • At 3:25 PM , Blogger Dynamo Damo said...

    Crazy KC, it was damn hot ok? I was sweating all over and had to bathe again!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home