Abyss of Fatigue V2

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Back to ranting - Commercials


Ultimately my job is to sell stuff. In explaining my job, I'll just take a airplane as metaphor.

My jobs involves convincing them ours is the best and cheapest. Imagine the stress of losing a USD30,000,000 deal. This is the stress I deal with every single day. Owh ya, there was once where I misquote which is cheaper by USD500,000. The price is submitted and we have to honor the price if we won. So sometimes we wish we lose the deal also.

Just like what Airbus did, every single project I handled involves selling things that doesn't exist yet. I would walk to the customer and tell them to buy my A888 which is due next year that can handle 2 times the passenger load.

Would you pay for a car for RM1,00,000 which doesn't exist yet? I bet you wouldn't, that is why my job is not fun.

Don't let me get started with helping "potential" customers to start an airlines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home