Abyss of Fatigue V2

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Honestly..... Trust me


When I was in my previous project, you can see that I keep on bitching about my work. Actually the work is still sucky but some how I tend to post more positive post. To recap how much I travel recently; I flew to Chicago on 26th and I got back here today from Dubai, its 41 days.

Auckland>Chicago>Auckland>KL>Sydney>Auckland>Dubai>Auckland

Including transit, I was in LA, Brisbane, Singapore and Hong Kong.

I was suppose to go to Shen Zhen in this trip but I didn't manage to get a China visa in time, my colleague handled that trip.

What's so bad about flying to places you say? The rough estimate of total flight hours from the above itinerary not including delays is 87 hours. I can assure you that if you go through this, you will join me in singing the same tune. On average, I'm in one place for about 6 days only.

If the fatigue from flying is not enough to kill you, the jetlag will.
Auckland is ahead of Chicago by 18 hours
Auckland is ahead of KL by 5 hours (day light saving)
Auckland is ahead of Sydney by 2 hours
Auckland is ahead of Dubai by 17 hours (day light saving)
** Auckland is the earlist office to start work in my company **

Well, that's not all. For the first 2 days in Dubai, the schedule was:-
During the day, meeting with the customer.
During the night, internal meeting.
Throughout midnight to wee hours, preparation of documents and proposal.
** Sleep is in taxi and fishing in the meetings **

With all the flight hours, jetlag, sleepless night, workload and stress. I've arrived at 10am to my office straight from the airport. Yes, no going back to rest first. My colleague's comments were, "Wah, your eyes so puffy one? Not enough sleep ar?". When I touched my face, I could feel that pimples will be coming out all over and studs appearing on my unshaven face as well.

As for the pay, many people thinks that I'm paid in USD. Not anywhere near that. Even the stewardess are better off than me. How about commission you say? After closing the USD30mil. deal in Pinoyland, the "appreciation" shown was in the ballpark of MYR1000-2000.

To be fair, I did a bit of sight seeing on the 3rd day and compared to my peers back at home, the pay is slightly better (but it's a total different playing field).

1 Comments:

  • At 7:14 PM , Blogger LieWei said...

    "...lack of sleep/rest will cause a person to look older than he actually is..."

    i wonder how true is that statement. Do u look older now?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home