Abyss of Fatigue V2

Sunday, November 02, 2008

St. Damien without wings


I was snapping pictures and my colleague left me behind. They slowly became small figures in my view as they go further away.

Wanted to run but many worries flashed in my mind. The feeling of something precious to you being taken away is not nice at all. Let me give you some metaphor, what's the best hobby that you have? Singing? Dancing? Cooking? Or perhaps going to the gym?

If one day due to excessive passion without care, your happiest moments turned awry and you can't sing anymore, ever. How would you feel? That's what I'm feeling now.

I loved sports my whole life. I play tennis, football, basketball, ping pong, and etc. Tried out almost every sports including hockey, squash and softball. I always strive for the best and I enjoy a competitive game even if I've lost the game. Pushing each other to the limit is fun and throwing in some taunting and jeering just adds spices to it.

One fine day of playing Captain Ball (owh well, here goes the confused look again). It's a leisure game where not many people play. I was playing hard as the competition is coming. As I was moving forward with a teammate with 1-2-1, when my teammate is trying to pass the ball to me, my eyes was on the ball. After I got the ball and looked in front, the dumb-ass guy was in front of me and I couldn't stop.

To avoid him, I quickly pushed very hard on 1 leg and tried to jump away rather than going straight into his path. Wrong choice. I ended knocking him slightly in the air and it tipped my off balance. I couldn't control my landing and I twisted my knee. Some sort like what happened to Owen.



Our injury is the same, the knee bent sideways. Gross isn't it? I swear the sound of my anterior/posterior cruciate ligament snapping and tearing my meniscus is still haunting me. It was funny when I was lying there are they carried on with the game. They all thought I was acting until they pay attention to my knee. My tibia was trying to stick out and my skin was holding it back.



What does all these means? My knee is very loose as it can bend sideways now. What the doctor did was to remove the ligament as it won't heal and it will cause too much fiction in the knee.

To add to the matter, I gave it a rest for awhile but went to training again.


As I was taking care of my left knee, I put too much pressure on my right knee and same thing happened again to my right knee, albeit not as serious as my left knee. So now both of my knees are wobbly.

Now I can't even jog. Doc says that I'll get arthritis at an early age and no impact sports. So I've since moved to swimming, archery, pool and golf. Not so much though as I like competitive sports. As always the whining about too much work and no time to play doesn't help at all.

Chances of healing? I would have to queue for a donor and go for a ligament replacement surgery. As doc put it, god only gave you 1 chance with your ligament.

- St. Damien without wings -

ps. Didn't mentioned about the room rates for my room here. It's AED2000/night which is almost MYR2000/night. Dubai's real estate is crazy.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jia You...

     
  • At 9:59 PM , Blogger LieWei said...

    when does this happened? it sounded really painful...i'm sure it was

    take care

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    positively, an opportunity to enjoy life at a slower pace =)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home