Abyss of Fatigue V2

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My α Journey Tres – Fall in love




After learning how to use manual mode, it opened a wide door for many creative photography. My Alpha will always be in front of my belly or at my waist no matter where I go. Since Sony is new in DSLR scene, you hardly can see any Alpha around. When I do see another Alpha, I will walk up and say hi! Not to forget Konica Minolta users as well because Sony bought them over.

After getting the hang of Manual mode, the fun doesn’t stop there. Kelvin WB gave me another space to play with. Have you seen a beautiful sunset photo which the sky is orangy and all? It’s WB working its magic.

Although I started of with the determination to have a minimalist gear with my kitlens only. I failed, period. Being able to scale is dangerous, did some research and I got myself Sigma 70-300 DG APO to add some range to my arsenal. Out of all the types of photography that I shoot, I like candid the most. The Sigma gave me the advantage of being obscure when preying for a candid shot. The innocence of children is priceless.

The wireless TLL function that comes with the body is killing me now. I’m try to refrain from investing more into gears but the new HVL-F58 flash is so yummy. This new found love-hate hobby is driving me crazy and depleting the numbers in my bank account. Now I can understand how a person can spend tens of thousands of hard earned money for a handmade top range lens.


My α Journey Uno – Baby steps
My α Journey Dos – And there shall be light
My α Journey Cero – How I became an Cinnabar
My α Journey Tres – Fall in love
My α Journey Cuatro – Alpha Convention
My α Journey Cinco – Infinity and Beyond

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home