Abyss of Fatigue V2

Monday, July 30, 2007

Adventure


I booked a seat at 10am but I woke up at 7am. So I decided to try my luck whether there are seats for earlier trips. When I reach the Tomang at 7.30am, the guy told me that 8am has been sold out. There was also a grandma in waiting list, she'll get the seat if someone never turn up.

The guys told us that in another station, there's a 8.45am trip. So the grandma ask whether I want to share a taxi to the station and take the 8,45am trip, I said sure.

We got to Blora and got our tickets. Ibu Diah and I chatted while waiting for the Travel (mini van). I told her I'm going to Bandung for a 1-day trip. She asked why don't I stay over night. I said I want to save money. She offered me to stay at her house. I declined by saying it's ok. As our conversation continues, she asked me to stay in her house at least 5 times.

In the end, convinced by her sincere offer and her kindness, I said ok. My colleague - Indah is waiting for me in Bandung so I told Ibu Diah that I'll spend the day with Indah and will go to her house later the evening. She said ok.

Indah and I went to Sariater first. It's a Hot Spring Waterfalls. I'll let the picture speak for themselves.


Imagine the water is hot!


Find a spot and soak your leg :)


Indah - my colleague, I'm younger than her, lol


Pak Selamat - happy go lucky driver


Downstream

Next, we went to Tangkuban Perahu, a dead volcano.


Volcano Pit


Road around the pit


The sulfur from the pit very smelly


From another angle

Ari, Indah's fiance joined us for dinner. After that, Ari dropped me some where near Ibu Diah's house as we don't know how to go to her house. Shanti (Ibu Diah's daughter) picked me up and we went to join her friends for dinner. We went to Cloud 9 for a drink, its very cooling there. Bandung's weather can be compared to Cameron Highlands. After the ladies had a bottle of vodka each and I had a glass of beer and vodka we went home.

I was given the room of the eldest son as he's migrated to the US. Shanti told me to wake up at 5am as she and her colleague plan to climb Punclut. I woke up at 5am as my alarm rang. When I looked at my watch, its only 4am. Damn, I set 5am Malaysian time. Went back to sleep again.

Long story short, after picking up the colleagues, we head out to climb Punclut. I didn't bring my camera as they say we would be doing some senaman. I regret dearly, the view is like what you see in National Geography documentary. Damn, beautiful~~~~~~~~~~ How I wish my gf can be with me, I'm sure she'll love it.

There were many Ikan Bakar shop on top of the hill, the food was superb, worth climbing every step.

After climbing Punclut, we went home to rest and I went shopping. Bandung is famous for their factory outlet. Many branded stuff have their factory in Bandung. Bought stuff worth more than Half million Rupiah.

After thanking Shanti and Ibu Diah, I took an 8.30pm Travel back to Jakarta. I'm so busy with work till the extent that in Jakarta, I only know my office and my hostel. Now, at least I can say I visited a few beautiful places in Indonesia.

In an unrelated event, hmmmm, sounds like newspaper already, lol, my colleague in Bangladesh is facing a problem. His visa is going to expire soon and he can't manage to book an air ticket home. What's worst than being a Pendatang Asing Tanpa Izin in Bangladesh.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really love the Indonesian names... sounds dirty ;)

     
  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger LieWei said...

    "I'll let the picture speak for themselves"

    Did the picture failed to load? Can't seem to find any photos in the post...

     
  • At 11:08 PM , Blogger Leangz~** said...

    what is so dirty about? I am very "naive" Anyway, i want to go to Texas with your little bro. :)

     
  • At 7:39 PM , Blogger Utsukishii Tsuki said...

    You sounds so regret for nt having ur camera with you. It must be a really nice view reaching on top of Punclut.And abit upsad when your gf is nt there with your enjoying the view. Anyway, take care.

     
  • At 10:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hmm... bribe his way back?
    I wonder how much you have to pay to get an air ticket back from Bangladesh.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home