Abyss of Fatigue V2

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My α Journey Uno – Baby steps




When I took the Alpha home, I’m so excited! There’s always a kid in every guy when it comes to gadgets. Straight away I charged the battery and started to flip the manual. Imagine the agony of learning steps to adjust some settings but not being able to try them out!

It was dinner time and mom asked me to have dinner together. After being away from home for so long, there are a lot of catching up to do but I was distracted by the manual. After writing this down, I feel a bit guilty that I wasn’t paying 100% of my attention conversation over dinner.

Having owned a Point&Shoot camera before the Alpha, I used the Auto mode on the Alpha extensively. From the encouragement (sometimes jeering, haha) of other Alpha males (pun intended, we are cool!), I’ve started using Program AE, Aperture-priority AE, Shutter-priority AE modes. Then there’s Multi Segment, Center-Weighted, Spot metering and White Balance to learn.

It was a trial and error kind of thing in the beginning. The flexibility of a DSLR means there are so many things that could go wrong. Slowly I understand the cam and photography more, hence less of shoot-review-delete.

As time goes by, I’m tempted to use manual mode but I had no idea what to do with it. I need some light!


My α Journey Uno – Baby steps
My α Journey Dos – And there shall be light
My α Journey Cero – How I became an Cinnabar
My α Journey Tres – Fall in love
My α Journey Cuatro – Alpha Convention
My α Journey Cinco – Infinity and Beyond

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home