Abyss of Fatigue V2

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My α Journey Dos – And there shall be light




After getting back to Pinoyland, I was a lonely ranger with my Alpha. It’s only the buddies in LYN and AMC (now Alphanatics) which can help me out virtually. The temptation of going Manual is getting stronger but whenever I try, I would be disappointed as I wouldn’t know what combination of ISO, Aperture, and Shutter speed I should be using for different situation.

It really did refrain me from enjoying photography, its like a spooky closet which you’d avoid and ignore. I want to be a proper DSLR user rather than using a DSLR as a P&S. Sony provides Basic Photography with Alpha DSLR every month. I dived into the 12-6-2008 registration not being sure whether I can make it back to Malaysia or not.

I’ve planned the timing (visa) right, sped some of the task so that it would seem that the workload will not be high and they won’t be asking me to extend my visa. Everything worked perfectly, although there was still anxiety when I was heading to Ninoy Aquino Airport. It’s only when I boarded the plane that I feel relieved. I’ve heard of a case where a colleague was asked to go back into office from Soekarno-Hatta Intl Airport for some urgent matters.

Long story short, I was in the workshop learning about the basics all over again the right way. There’s nothing like straightening out all the basics, after all it was very much of a self-taught/exploration journey all these while. When John the instructor started explaining the exposure meter in Manual mode, I saw the light that I was looking for. It was empowering indeed, I now can shoot in Manual!


My α Journey Uno – Baby steps
My α Journey Dos – And there shall be light
My α Journey Cero – How I became an Cinnabar
My α Journey Tres – Fall in love
My α Journey Cuatro – Alpha Convention
My α Journey Cinco – Infinity and Beyond

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home