Abyss of Fatigue V2

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Court Jester


On Fri 8/15/2008 11:19 AM (GMT +8:00), a mail from my fellow colleague came. The dull day was brighten. He's a colleague who has no balls to hold any accountability and refuses to learn. Even a junior can beat him anytime in every aspect.

I smiled while reading the mail and another colleague wanted to share the fun so he came and see what I was reading. The mail was about some trivial issues, a simple analogy would be a university student asking how should a simple quadratic equation (X^2+4X+4=0) should be solved.

It's not the first time I've received trivial questions. Previously, I've always try to answer it professionally with slight sarcasm to deter him from repeatedly bugging me with trivial issues. Don't get me wrong, other colleagues usually will send me question after they've analyzed the problem and ask for my opinion. For them, usually I'll give my opinion or the solution straight away as I appreciate them only asking after trying.

For this colleague, I won't give the answers because he'll exercise his layer-2 router reflex where the information is passed along without learning anything. I'll just guide him on how to find the answer and without fail, he'll keep sending mails to me on the same issue.

One of his peculiar habit is where he likes to send the mail with everyone in the cc list whether they are the concerned parties or not. To play along this time, I've added almost the whole of our team to the cc list and the paragraph below in the end of the mail.

"If you’re still unsure about how to get the ABC figures, please refer to any Product Manager in Philippines regardless of their product as long as they have EMS (XXX, YYY, ZZZ, etc).

If you are shy to ask other PM in Philippines, please contact Chief of WiMAX Network Design, SEA sub-region – Taikor Oranje (not his real name to protect his privacy :P), he’ll be glad to help you.

And if, Taikor Oranje is not available, please refer to South Pacific region Chief of WiMAX Network Design – Special Weapon (again, not his real name) or Senior Network Architect – Wonder Kid (isn't it obvious now?). Even Junior Network Architect Leng Chai and Ah Sih (*wink*) will be able to guide you on the calculation.

Have a nice weekend, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home