Abyss of Fatigue V2

Monday, May 05, 2008

Argh! White Hair!


There’s a dear price to pay for assuming a role which requires you to have many skill sets. Consistently being pressured to yield results while working in limited approval rights. Every decision involves hundreds thousands of USD. Feeling like my neck is on the chopping board every time.

Last week, during one of the morning while I was grooming, I noticed that a strand of white hair. I guess no one have noticed me having white hair other than my left eyebrow. It’s rare to me, I could count the times I’ve had white hair.

This lifestyle is taking its toll on me, or us (colleagues). When we exchange friendster or facebook accounts, everyone will say, “Wah, last time you so young and leng chai/lui one ar?”

Long working hours, skipping meals or uncertain eating time, lousy food (fast food), high pressure and no exercise is an amazing health deteriorating concoction. In Robocon days, it was tough but its no where near this.

At least I’m thankful that the team here appreciates my help. The VP showed his gratitude when my boss asked him for my cross department quarterly evaluation. He replied to my boss, “XX, 根据Damien在这个项目中的这大半年的历练, 他的能力是肯定超出了目前定的这些指标的。”
Loosely translated for bananas :P
“XX, according to Damien’s hard work in this project, his abilities surely exceeds these KPI”.

So boss, this Q I can have my A already?

In dilemma now: to take up another challenging project (A or B) or to lie low for awhile (B or C)?

4 Comments:

  • At 12:00 AM , Blogger Leangz~** said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 12:04 AM , Blogger Leangz~** said...

    i am coming down to kl and you are going to buy me the most expensive dinner in town.

     
  • At 12:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    congrats VP!

     
  • At 12:46 PM , Blogger Dynamo Damo said...

    @Leang, no prob lah, that's if I'm in Bolehland

    @SC, VP? Long way to go lah. Philippines Office is asking me to stay, how much should I ask? Then again, I don't really like the customer here, rather work in other countries.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home