Abyss of Fatigue V2

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Proxy has phailed me


Through this proxy site, its very very very slow and Java would not be properly displayed so I can't use HTML editor, hence no photo. Sorry.

The first thing I notice here is the cars here are left-hand drive. Its so different. I've been here for 2 weeks now but when I cross the road, I still have to look both ways because I don't know where to look for the cars. Yesterday I nearly got into an accident. The car stopped in front of me in time, I was running too fast and I had to use my hands to hold against the stationary car to stop.

In my last trip, after I left Jakarta for 2 days, there was an earthquake in Jakarta. After I left Malaysia 2 weeks ago, Malaysian get to experience aftershock from Sumatra. I've always wanted to experience natural disasters like earthquake, typhoon, etc etc. By the way, its typhoon season now but according to the locals, there are no sign where one will hit Manila. Sigh.

More about this place, since its an island country like Kiasuland, its very windy here. Temperature and humidity is similar to Malaysia. The diet here mainly consist of meat. Seldom you can find vege here. Meals are expensive, I had a 1 Meat (many choices) and 1 Vege (only 1 selection) mixed rice, total damage is RM11-12. The locals here like bananas a lot. You can find it in meat dishes, soup, desserts, grilled, fried, etc etc.

Do I like it here? Actually I still don't know yet.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:56 PM , Blogger LieWei said...

    Hmm..interesting, I never know Philipines r left hand drive, they never been conquered by British?

    And while typing this comment, I found out that I don't know how to spell Philipines, I know the spelling is wrong, but lazy to look it up online :P

     
  • At 11:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    pinoi by spanish than americans!

    good luck in ur exams!

     
  • At 11:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    pinoi by spanish than americans!

    good luck in ur exams!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home