Abyss of Fatigue V2

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Savings


Friends.

In this post, I'm talking about the ones that only calls you when they need help.

The most dreaded conversation I always get is, first they try to start of the conversation (simple hi, some small talk), then straight to the favor. Some even skipped the small talk.

XYZ: You still working in M@xis right?
DL: Yes, some how I can see where this conversation is going.
XYZ: I need your help.
DL: Sure, what can I do for you?
XYZ: Can you check the details of a particular number?
DL: Why do you need the info for?
XYZ: *Here comes the story, some life and death situation, some don't bother to create story, some really rediculous*
DL: I hope that you understand that it would be breach of confidentiality if I gave you the info.
XYZ: I know you can do it one.
DL: Last time I have access to the database, but now I'm in another department.
XYZ: You can ask your colleague to help out.
DL: If you are asking to confirm has the number been taken, I'll be glad to help you. But now you are asking, Name, IC. No., address, etc etc.
XYZ: *Here comes the story again*
DL: I'm sorry, since you have made a police report, let them do the investigation. (I've used this reply for two person)
XYZ: The first person I think of is you, now totally no hope already.
DL: I'll see what I can do and get back to you ok? *In your dreams*
XYZ: Ok, thanks, buh bye.

For those who lost their handphone, I can relate to you pain, but seriously, I don't have access to the database anymore. I can ask my colleagues to help, but there is no guaranty.

Billy once told me an analogy, he said, friendship is like savings. Only after you save, then only you can withdraw some cash. These people tries to withdraw thinking I'm a current account which allows overdraft. I'm not heartless, I can help you if I can, I will be more willingly and try harder if you are not favor-friends.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Bing, I have a heartfelt experience (more or less like ur case too):

    Someone: Good senior, u r working for SMART project rite? I need 2 conduct some interviews to obtain info abt technology transfer.
    Me: Well, u can talk to my PR personnel, xxxx. He can be reached at xxxxxxxx.

    After a few weeks, he contacted me again:-
    Someone: Until today, i still cant reach the personnel. I really need 2 conduct the interview by this week. Can you pls arrange it on this friday?

    My response: Sorry to tell u that actually I cant help much, i'm jz a junior engineer, u c? Ur request needs 2 b granted by the management

    I think he must be @#$%^&-ing behind my back....

     
  • At 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oh..someone suddenly has a 'conscience', not apparent in Huat's case ;)

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Dynamo Damo said...

    Like I said, friendship, in Huat's case, Billy, Kiet and the devil inside me asked me to "have a look"

     
  • At 3:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hv a look is it....oh ic.. wahhahaha

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home