Abyss of Fatigue V2

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Plastic slave


Spoke too soon. I've reached my credit limit and actually there's a misunderstanding on my part where I kept saying HSBC sucks.

My credit limit is RM25K and I thought the limit is for every month. The previous bill (RM20K-ish) has not reach due date yet so I haven't pay for it. During the trip in Dubai, apparently HSBC allowed me to over swipe until RM35K. And I thought they suck for giving me trouble.

My dad told me HSBC Collections & Recoveries Dept. called home to look for me so dad gave them my email. They emailed me and I replied with my NZ number. I was cooking dinner and they called me twice.

I was thinking, it's just small amount right? With 2 months of credit limit (RM50K), why are you so nervous? The payment due date is next week. With a mood ready to screw them, I returned their call.

They explained everything and I was allowed to use RM10K over limit. My bad, may be I should ask for increase of credit limit. Thank goodness I have a habit of listening to their side of story before raging hell upon them.

On a side note, apparently there's no limit on the credit limit for Classic card. It was quite cool holding a Classic card which has RM25K credit limit. Due to some misunderstanding, they upgraded me and left me stranded here with my useless Classic card and the replacement is at home.

Another side note, I tried to apply for Citi CC and the look on the salesman's face is funny when I told him my credit limit for my Classic card. He kept asking questions, "You mean this card? This Classic card? How can that happen? Can I have your payslip?" Priceless.

Another side note, sorry for making this post messy. CC brings many experience to me. I was walking in Mid Valley one day and a girl approached me to ask whether I want a CC, I politely said "No, thank you". She turned around rudely and said, "By the looks of it, obviously you can't qualify for a CC". Darling, you have no idea.

I'm very picky with cards I own, they should serve me well since there are so many cards around. My preference is international banks as I don't want weird stares when I use the card overseas. My next target is Standard Charted CC as they offer free use of lounge in KLIA :D

4 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wow...thats like 5 times my credit limit....hahahah

     
  • At 10:43 AM , Blogger Dynamo Damo said...

    Who's this banana from Penang? :D

    Anyway, as long as you pay in time and you spend like crazy, they'll automatically upgrade your CL.

    I had auto twice and requested twice.

     
  • At 6:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    if you ask our prvious coursemates who is banana man... mayabe you will know who am i....

     
  • At 2:20 PM , Blogger eevenn said...

    You can redeem many goods with your cc points. :p hahahha!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home