Abyss of Fatigue V2

Saturday, September 13, 2008

狗眼看人低


I've reached the airport early to find out that there was a long queue for check-in. Accordingly to the announcement, it seems that the long queue is due to the implementation of the new early check-in system and the ground staff have not familiarize themselves with it yet. This has caused me a lot of time and you would understand that time was essential in solving my problem later.

When it was my turn, I found out that I didn't have my return ticket printed and I explained that I had the e-ticket in my laptop. Voula the staff who was assisting me left without any explanation. She went to the counter behind to discuss with another colleague. Sensing that she didn't understand the situation properly, I waved to her asking her to come to the counter but she raised her voice and told me that she's preparing a ticket for me.

After a good 10 minutes, she returned with a "ticket". I asked her whether I'll be charged for the ticket and she said no. I further explained that I would not need the ticket because I have a Malaysian Airlines ticket returning to Malaysia from Auckland. Upon hearing this, Voula said that I had to have the ticket printed. By this time, Peter joined the conversation.

Peter tried to explain to me the requirements for you all to clear me for check-in. From his explanation, I could tell that Peter did not fully understand the situation. When I tried to explain it again, both of them kept interrupting me. At one point, the intonation that Peter used was almost insulting me. Voula suggested me to proceed to Malaysian Airlines office to have my ticket printed. I asked what shall I do after I have the ticket and Peter said that I should come back and they will deal with my Qantas flight ticket. I've asked a few times what do you mean by deal with my ticket and Peter kept repeating that they'll will deal with the ticket. Voula then said she'll try to check me in if possible. That was the answer that made me understand the processes. Peter then asked me to step aside to allow other passenger to check-in. When I kindly asked for Peter's name, using a rude gesture he showed my his name tag.

I went to Malaysian Airlines office to have my ticket printed within 10 minutes and went back to the counter at 1555hours to find out that the check-in has closed. Another staff arranged me to board QF49 instead.

From my point of view, it was my mistake where I didn't have a printed return ticket but all the hassle can be avoided.

To put it clearly, I'm not happy with the items below:-
1. A new check-in system was implemented without proper training and hiccup mitigation precautions causing long queue.
2. Voula left me without explaining anything.
3. She raised her voice to me in the public and does not have the courtesy to come and to speak to me. It's the first time an airlines staff raise their voice at me.
4. Voula and Peter could be more helpful if they were more attentive in understanding my problem. Both of them kept interrupting me. If they understand my problem perfectly, they could asked me to proceed to MAS immediately.
5. The intonation that Peter used was plain rude and insulting.

My guess is that you staff has high anxiety as they are pressured to rush the check-in due to the long queue. Without the long queue and if your staff could be more attentive, surely I'll board QF189 happily and be grateful with the assistance.

I have traveled with many airlines including budget airlines. This is the first time I was treated rudely. I will certainly file a complain to my company's purchasing department to suggest them to avoid your airlines.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home