Abyss of Fatigue V2

Monday, January 22, 2007

Dough


Everyone has their own reason to work, some say its the satisfaction, some say its because they don't have anything better to do (yeah right). I think ultimately it boils down to the root of all evil.

I love my job, its give me a lot of freedom, I come to work on time (5-10mins is not late k? wahahaha) and I go home on time. I don't really mind working at night as I'm well compensated. My job mainly is about management, I'm always managing situations, making decisions, scheduling jobs, etc etc. Not much technical knowledge required, this is the down side of my job.

To me, the asset that I have to gain now is knowledge. It will help me up the ladder in junior executive positions. Management skill is only deem required traits when we interview for managerial position.

Another down side of my job is that my income is limited. I'm young and full of energy. I can work long hours (sweet memories during Robocon), I can learn fast, but my job doesn't fully utilize me. I long for jobs which requires long hours with great stress and a justifiable salary.

I'm constantly looking ways to increase my income. Recently, I've started a small business selling LCD TV online. Customers will place oder in the thread, place a minimal deposit and I'll proceed with order to the dealer. Once the stock is ready, I would pick it up during my extra long lunch break on friday, and deliver the unit on weekends.

I wouldn't say that this business is going to make me rich. For now, it's more of a side income. The cheapest unit is going for RM3700 and the most expensive unit is going for RM30K+. Never sold a RM30K+ unit before, but I have an order for a RM12K unit to be delivered by early next month, hope that it will work out. So for those whose looking for LCD TV, don't say you don't know :)

ps. KC, stop whining about your long working hours, you chose to work part time, so suck it up.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM , Blogger Kuan Chuen said...

    eh eh, bila pulak aku complain? I checked my blog a month back - no complains!

    even if I complained, I complained about other people complaining...

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Dynamo Damo said...

    Other people are complaining about their full time job, they have no choice, you can choose not to have the long hours

     
  • At 10:46 PM , Blogger Leangz~** said...

    haha.
    i'm on your side, bing.
    i totally understand the power of his whining.

     
  • At 10:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    also hope i can earn some side income...just so lazy...sigh!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home